It can be useful to add a screenshot to your question for the Service center. This allows them to see at a glance where things are going wrong. Below, two simple methods to make a screenshot on your computer will be explained.
Make a printscreen
- Using the snipping tool
1. Click on the magnifier glass at the bottom left of your start bar and type Snipping tool.
2. Click on the programme. A new window will open. Select New.
3. Your mouse has now changed into a little cross. Click in the corner of your screen and drag your mouse across your screen to the other far corner. When you let go, a window will appear containing an image of your screen.
4. You can save the image by choosing File at the top left and then Save As.
- Using the printscreen (PrintScrn) key
1. Press the Shift key. (Sometimes there is only an arrow on the key)
2. While pressing the key, press the Print Scrn key.
Beware: Are you working on a laptop? Then you will have to use the Fn key instead of the Shift key.
3. By pressing this key, a printscreen will be made of your entire screen. You don't immediately get to see the image. It is stored behind on a Clipboard.
4. Open a programme in which you can paste an image, such as Word or Paint.
5. Click on a spot on the empty page en press the Ctrl key. While pressing the key, press the V key. The printscreen will appear in the programme.
6. You can save the image by choosing File at the top left and then Save As.
Adding a printscreen to your e-mail
You have made a printscreen and saved it on your computer.
To add the image to your e-mail, you have to add the image as attachment.
1. Set up an e-mail.
2. In the bar above your mail you will find a button with a paperclip:
3. Click on the button Attach File. Select Search on your PC and click on the printscreen that you have saved. The image will be added to your e-mail.
Adding a printscreen to your chat conversation with the Service center
Would you like to pass along your screenshot in our chat box?
1. Open your saved printscreen.
2. Right-click on the image and choose Copy.
3. Next, click with your mouse in the chat window and press the Ctrl key. While pressing the key, press the V key. The screenshot will appear in the chat window.
4. Press Enter and the screenshot will be forwarded.