In the context of using My Liantis Employee Self Service, it is useful to also add external employees to your company, so that you gain insight into all availability within your company. By external employees we mean freelancers, consultants, interims, partners...
You can add external employees to your company via the application ‘Mijn medewerkers’.
Add an external employee
If you have already created the external employee, you can skip this step and you can immediately add a work schedule (next step).
- Go to the application 'Mijn medewerkers' under the theme 'Medewerkers'.
- At the top right, choose 'Medewerker toevoegen’
- Complete the details of the Employee
- Click on 'Toevoegen'
Add a work schedule for the external employee
- Select the employee from the overview of 'Mijn medewerkers'
- Then go to the 'Tewerkstelling' tab. You will find:
- the start date of employment
- the current work schedule (if known) and the possibility to add one
- the overview of other past or future employments
As soon as you add a work schedule for the external employee via 'Toevoegen’, this employee will become visible in the Calendar application.
Give the external employee access to Calender
You don't have to do this if the external employee has already been added and invited.
- From 'Mijn medewerkers' you can give your employees access to 'Kalender' via the 'Toegang beheren' button.
- Click on 'Uitnodigen' and send your employee(s) an invitation email.
- After the employee has set their password, they will get access to 'Kalender'. The external employee can consult their personal calendar and team calendar.
Absence registration for external employees
- Once the external employees have a work schedule, they can register their absences. They can choose the same calendar types as an internal employee.
- In accordance with the legislation on cooperation with external employees:
- it is not possible to link a leave entitlement to the balances of external employees. In principle, these employees can register absences indefinitely.
- requests from external employees are automatically approved. The supervisor or administrator does receive an informative e-mail notification with every registration of the external employees.
In a nutshell
- Add the external employee via 'Mijn medewerkers’
- Add a work schedule for the external employee
- Give the external employee access to 'Kalender'